Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Done with the Dentist!

Well after several appointments I have four (yes four) new fillings, although two were not new cavities but repairs of old fillings.  The good news is....I'm keeping my baby teeth (canines, I'm told) for now.  The good Dr. said there is nothing he can do about the fact that they are loose but that they will likely hang on for a while and if/when they fall out we'll discuss the options.  In the meantime, he won't pull them just because they are loose.

The bad news is my face is really quite sore and we are now down a total of close to $900.00.  Fortunately the dentist allows us to post date the cheques until we get our 80% of that back from John's insurance at work.  Thank God for that insurance. I will never understand why dental work is not covered by our provincial health insurance.

I have always been curious about how health care elsewhere is delivered and other peoples' experiences with insurance companies.  I wonder if you would be kind enough to send me an e-mail at HealthcareandInsurance@gmail.com with some information about how you receive/pay for health care where you are and if you have any stories good or bad about insurance companies.  My interest is as a result of my own insurance company horror story which I will save for another post.

2 comments:

  1. I am certainly glad that your dental work is complete. Hope you have a great day! Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you had a sore mouth. That sucks.

    Hope you have a great weekend,

    SB

    ReplyDelete