Sunday, March 27, 2011

Coping with Depressive Episodes

I am always surprised and scared by how quickly my mood can plummet. In the last few days I've been feeling weepy and irritable. I know this is not my fault and that it will pass but it's tough. I have spent these last few days spending all my time organizing and sorting which is my typical mode of checking out of everything else. Yesterday, my loving husband spent the entire day driving me around the city looking for "stuff" for my crazy quilts. That's just the kind of guy he is. (In case anyone hasn't guessed yet, Anonymous under PPD is my husband. I am hoping he will write a post sometime to give his perspective. My kids too, but I won't hold my breath for that.) I have a whole bunch of wonderful loot now and I also got a package from Evening Star Designs on Friday so I have some more sorting and organizing to do. (By the way, Evening Star surprise packages are pretty fabulous from where I'm sitting.) I have to believe that tomorrow I will be well enough to actually do something. Maybe even take some pictures so you can see what I'm up to.

One of the worst things about these episodes, is that they totally rob me of my sense of humor - vital to a depressed person. However, please don't assume that if a depressed person is smiling and or laughing they are fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment