Friday, February 24, 2012

My Wednesday

I woke up at about 8:30 and got up right away to walk the dogs.  We walked around the block and when we got back I fed them, gave Max his glucosomine and gave them fresh water.  I tidied up the kitchen and started washing the dishes.  John came home at about 9:30 to see how I was doing on his way to pick up his mom for an appointment with her oncologist.  I was feeling quite weepy and I put it down to being overtired, as usual.  After he left I made myself a cup of coffee, took my meds, put some laundry on, got some chicken out of the freezer in the basement for dinner.  Then I sat down to watch "Brad Meltzer's Decoded".  It was about the whole end of the world in 2012 thing.  Makes me want to go out and buy everything I've ever wanted with what little credit we have left.  Really, if the world is going to end in December anyway what the hell right?  While that was on I scrolled through the t.v. guide on the screen to see if there was anything on that was worth recording.  I can't remember if there was or not but there probably was.  There is always something that looks interesting, to me anyway.  If there is anything that I have always known about myself it's that I love to learn new things.  Unfortunately those things don't stick with me as long as they used to but it doesn't change the curiosity to know things.  Once that was done, I worked on crocheting a blanket I'm making for D.  The actual crocheting is pretty quick and easy I just don't seem to pick it up very often.  I'm pretty sure she thinks that it will take years for her to get it but she'll get it sooner than she thinks.  Probably just in time for the summer heat wave when the last thing she needs is a blanket but hey it's the thought that counts and I know she will appreciate it.    After learning how and when the world will end, I watched Dr. Phil, or part of it.  I record it every day but really only watch the occasional episode.  This one was about domestic abuse and although I know it's a serious problem in thousands of homes and ignoring it is no solution, I could only stomach part of it so I turned it off.  Then I finished the dishes, unloaded the dishwasher and parked myself back on the couch to watch "Hoarding:  Buried Alive"  I switched the laundry over to the dryer and put another load into the washer.  When I came back up I laid down on the couch with both dogs (Max didn't leave as soon as Angel got up on the couch which was a first).  Jessica came down from her room and we put on "Ice Age:  Dawn of the Dinosaurs"  It wasn't anywhere near as good as the other movies so I sort of got up part way through to trek around the block again with the doggies.  Home again, Home again lickety split.  Such a short walk it hardly seems worth the trouble but I do my best to take them out at lunch as often as possible.  I had some KoolAid and Jello and watched the rest of the movie.  I made some fruit smoothies for me and Jess and we watched part of "Why did I get married?"  It really wasn't that good so I turned it off and gave Jess the remote.  I'm not sure what she put on because I kind of dozed off on the couch for a little bit.  When I woke up I switched the laundry again.  By now John was home from work and walked the dogs again then he helped me fold the laundry (tons of it that we had started the day before) while we watched "Body of Proof"  Derek came home ate some mini pizzas and headed off to work.  John made some grilled cheese sandwiches for supper and fed the dogs. (No we didn't eat the chicken I took out of the freezer) "NCIS" was up next.  After eating I sorted some of my fabric scraps by color.  My sister P called to let me know that there's a pot luck on Saturday which I said I would go to but I don't think it's a good idea so I'm still thinking about it.  She also wanted to tell me that she got a spa day from one of those social group sites and wants to treat me (she's great that way, we went before and it's a real treat) so she wanted to know when John was working so she could book it for a day when he was not going to be home.  After that I had some more Jello, worked on D's blanket and watched "Unforgetable".  Then I went to bed and lights out at 10ish.

What's not to live for?  A life full of excitement, laughter and joy.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a full life and a better cable package than I do.

    I could easily adjust to that lifestyle, jell-o and crafting, two things I quite love.

    ReplyDelete