Friday, July 15, 2011

One of my more brilliant ideas

Here is a little thing I created out of Pringles cans and Play Dough buckets:
 I stuck them on a plastic lazy susan thingy (I think it was originally for cake decorating, which I never got around to trying), covered them with paper napkins and then slathered it with polyurethane.
As you can see I can keep all my scissors, pens, pencils, rulers, glue sticks, seam rippers, etc. handy (and protected from theiving children who need to take their own pens to work at Wal-Mart,  Can you believe those cheap bastards at WalMart make the minimum wage cashiers bring their own pens?  Oops I digress again) 

My daughter said "hey mom, you should sell those".  I like it very much and I find it very handy and I think it was a brilliant idea, but I don't really think many people have this much crap that they feel compelled to keep right beside them.  Anyway, very sweet of her, she really does love me and encourage me.  I said I would make one for her for free and she said it was o.k. she didn't really need one.  I do love her.

8 comments:

  1. That is a really good idea! One I could even use in my classroom as a teacher! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use one too. I would pay for it! I can see people buying it at Staples or through late nite TV infomercial.

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog yesterday. It meant a lot to me someone else understood about work clothes.
    I love sweats and t shirts, but other than being very comfy, they aren't sexy, they aren't nice, and they do make you feel sad.

    Take care. I look forward to reading more of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did something like that. I just used cans and covered them with a pretty contact paper. Very neat the way you put them all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty. I think all kinds of people could use one for their desk or kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great! And a bonus of course is that you could use gift wrap or napkins or newspaper or maps from National Geographic or... the list of possibilities is endless.

    What a terrific idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thanks guys. You're going to make my head swell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is right. I see bags made of things like Pringles cans and why not these? You'd have to eat a lot of Pringles to get the cans but other cans would work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - that is absolutely brilliant! You should sell those.

    What great teachers' or Father's Day gifts they would make.

    ReplyDelete